We hope everything is going well for you and your family during this time. We continue to take the necessary steps to ensure we can remain open and provide the safest and most quality care possible for your children.
To ensure the ongoing safety our children and staff at our facility we are asking that children (3 and older) wear a cloth mask. SLCC will provide each child with a clean cloth mask each day starting Monday, April 13. Below are some tips we can remind our children here at the center and the parents at home when they ask why they are wearing a mask.
If children ask about people wearing masks or other face coverings, parents and caregivers can explain:
- Sometimes people wear masks to stay safe and teachers are wearing masks to stay safe.
- Sometimes people wear masks to be a germ buster.
- Sometimes people wear masks when they are sick.
- When they are all better, they stop wearing the mask.
- Children need to know they are safe, remind them you are here to keep them safe.
- Allow children to role play with masks. Be creative and use art materials to design masks that are for the individual child.
- If you have questions or need assistance with children experiencing anxiety, please reach out to 1.800.799.5876 to connect with an Early Childhood Mental Health (ECMH) Specialist in your area. ECMH Specialists can help you more effectively support children who have difficulty adjusting to changes at home or in child care and education programs.
Our staff thanks you for your continuing support as we adjust to the new guidelines to prevent the spread COVID-19.